Stairway to Michaels

This time we'll go for a silly parody on Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin. If you're not familiar with "Michaels", it is a chain of arts and crafts. Sort of the Toys R Us version for that kind of stuff.

There’s a lady who’s sure
They sell glittery gold
And she’s buying some at Michaels

When she gets there she knows
Fake plants; they have rows
With a word she can get some fake flowers

Ooh, Ooh, and she’s buying some at Michaels

There’s a sign on the wall
But she wants to be sure
Cause you know sometimes sales have end dates

In the stickers by the gnomes
There’s a pencil made of chrome
Sometimes all of their products are misgiven

Ooh, it makes me wonder,

Ooh, it makes me wonder.

There’s feeling I get
When I walk through the paint
And my spirit is visualizing an abstract

In my thoughts I have seen
Rubber stamps in my dreams
And the voices of those who sell them

Ooh, it makes me wonder,

Ooh, it really makes me wonder

And it’s whispered that soon
They’ll have another cute balloon
That the salesclerk will lead us purchase

And a new day will dawn
For those who stand long
In the sales line waiting forever

If there’s a bustle in the hedgerow
Don’t be alarmed now,
It’s just a two-for-one promo

Yes there are two ways you can pay
But in the long run
There’s still time to make minimum payments on

And it makes me wonder

Your head is humming and it wont go
In case you don’t know,
Eight thousand buttons to choose from

Dear lady, can you see the letters
And did you know
They even sell ones in lower case

And as we wind on through the rows
White boards larger than our homes

There walks a lady we all know
Who sports flair and wants to show

How everthing is half price to go

And if you purchase very fast
The price will escalate at last

Until the cost will drive you daft
To be an art and not a craft

And she’s buying some at Michaels