A House with No Name

Well I don't see the housing market coming around just yet. Let's focus another parody on it while it's really down! I'll go with "A Horse with No Name" by America for this one:

On the first part of the journey
I was looking at all the life
There were kids and bikes and BBQs and things
There were new cars and boats and bling
The first one I met was banker in debt
And a house too big for his wallet
His estate was maintained by paid services
Excess…yeah, that's what you could call it

I’ve been through the suburbs to a house with no name
It felt good that I’d chose to abstain
In the suburbs you can foreclose with no shame
Cause there’s nobody left to complain
La..la…lalalala Lala la la la

After two months the banks tried to sell
But the market seemed really poor
After three months the prices still fell
Nobody was qualified to buy anymore

I’ve been through the suburbs to a house with no name
It felt good that I’d chose to abstain
In the suburbs you can foreclose with no shame
Cause there’s nobody left to complain
La..la…lalalala Lala la la la

After nine months, they let the house go wild
Bailout reimbursement requests had been filed
There were vines and rats and garbage around
The place looked like a prison compound
The suburbs were a place of expansion and hope
But prosperity just could not cope
Under the foundation lies an over commitment bane
And the residents couldn’t sustain

You see I’ve been through the suburbs to a house with no name
It felt good that I’d chose to abstain
In the suburbs you can foreclose with no shame
Cause there’s nobody left to complain
La..la…lalalala Lala la la la