Please Come to Darfur

This whole crisis in Darfur and they're terrible state of human conditions and the government not allowing aid is sad and ridiculous. Time for a parody though. "Please Come to Boston" by Loggins (I don't remember which one it is...)

Please come to Darfur for the springtime
I’m stayin’ here with some friends; 28 to a room
You can sell mud cookies on the sidewalk
By a mission where I hope to get some food from soon
Please come to Darfur
She said no, would you come home to me

And she said, hey ramblin’ boy, why don’t you settle down
Darfur ain’t your kind of town
There ain’t no food and there ain’t nobody like me
I’m the number one fan of the man going crazy

Please come to Afghanistan with the snowfall
We’ll move up into the mountains so far we can’t be found
And live in a cave with Bin Laden and write speeches
To threaten everyone else around
Please come to Afghanistan
She said “no, Boy, would you come home to me”

And she said, hey ramblin’ boy, why don’t you settle down
Afghanistan ain’t your kind of town
There ain’t no razors and there ain’t nobody like me
I’m the number one fan of the man going crazy

Now this idiot’s world goes ‘round and ‘round
And I doubt that it’s ever gonna stop
And of all the dumb places I’ve been found
There’s a dumber one to be got
I’ll still need to know to
Go somewhere I shouldn’t go to