Iggy

Ok, the ridiculous circus of events that was the adoption of the dog Iggy by Ellen DeGeneres deserves a song parody. You know the stupid story; how she adopted the dog, it didn’t work out, she gave it to her housekeeper, it bonded with the family but then the mean old shelter took it back claiming she violated the rules. The media frenzy of she said, she said ensued. For this ridiculous event we’ll use a ridiculous song too. Mandy, by Barry Manilow

I remember when I brought you home
Let you out so you could roam
But my cats did not approve
And so you had to move
Where you wouldn’t be alone

Time goes on with another day
Suddenly the agency did say
You broke all the rules
You made us look like fools
So they took him away, oh Iggy

Well you came and you gave without faking
But I gave you away, oh Iggy
Now Mutts and Moms came a taking
My housecleaner needs you today, oh Iggy

You bonded with that family
I thought you fit in so happily
Since the shelter took you away
Death threats besiege them every day
Which is why he couldn’t stay, oh Iggy

Well you came and you gave without faking
But I gave you away, oh Iggy
Now Mutts and Moms came a taking
My house cleaner needs you today, oh Iggy