Day in the Life

With all the news on that terrorist plot thwarting the liquid explosive plan I thought "Day in the Life" by The Beatles would be a good parody for this whole event.

I read the news today oh boy
About the liquid explosive plot
And though the news took a morbid path
Well I just had to laugh
I saw the aftermath
You now can’t bring liquids on the plane
They piled up all the contraband
Eye drops, water, mother’s milk
It all seemed quite insane and delays were very long
Nobody was really sure
If that nasal mist could be made into a bomb

I saw the plan today oh boy
The terrorists wanted to blow up at least 10 planes
They thought the crowd of people would get blown away
But the police they new the score
They’d seen this plot before
And now I can’t bring my water on

Woke up, my flight is late
The security line is a 12 hour wait
On my way through they grabbed my cup
And looking up I knew there was no debate
Took my mouthwash, shampoo too
Deodorant and even my Mt. Dew
Found my bags stripped bare and went to gate
Flight ended up canceled and I went into a dream

I read the news today oh boy
Four thousand sticks of chapstick found
And though the stick were rather small
They had to count them all
Now they know how many stick it takes to shut the air traffic down
I’d still love to bring mine on